Saturday, December 2, 2006

Books About Imagination!

Last week's storytime theme was 'using your imagination' and I read one of my favorite books from when I was a little girl, Christina Katerina & The Box by Patricia Lee Gauch (c.1971), and today I received an email from a parent asking for the title of this book because her daughters who had heard it at storytime liked it so much:
" . . .
the girls have been creating lots of "stuff" (palaces, pirate ships, treasure hunts) in the house since Thursday and I thank you for sparking that in them again!!"
I just LOVE hearing things like this and knowing how much the kids really do get out of storytimes! I love my job!!
BTW: the other books featured that session were:
Edward and the Pirates by David McPhail (c.1997), and Soft House by Jane Yolen (c.2005)

Do YOU have any favorite books about using your imagination? Please let me know by "commenting" and I'll post responses here! :)

No comments: